***THIS GIVEAWAY HAS REACHED ITS 10,000 ENTRY CAP AND IS NOW CLOSED – SEE WHO WON BELOW!***
We’re spending today with the family for the holiday, but we had to drop in with our big giveaway for you guys. See, when we found out we’d be speaking at this year’s event on November 8th (which we’ve gone to for the past four years for fun, so it’s really crazy to think that we’ll be speakers) a hair-brained idea popped into my head: what if we gave away a trip to Richmond? And when I mentioned it to the kind folks at Richmond Magazine (the hosts of the event), they not only didn’t call me crazy – they said “let’s do it!” So with their help and the generous support of , my hair-brained idea is coming to life (insert evil cackle here). And it’s bigger and better than I ever guessed it could be. That’s right, someone is about to get hooked up.
The prize includes round-trip airfare from anywhere in the continental United States (arriving Thursday, Nov 8 and departing Sunday, Nov 11) and car rental for the length of your stay – all courtesy of . While you’re here, you’ll be put up for three nights in Richmond’s most iconic and stately hotel – .
And of course, Richmond Magazine is giving you tickets to (sold out!) on Thursday night where we’ll be speaking and doing a book signing (psst- it has now sold out so we’re working on a free Richmond signing that we’ll share as soon as it’s finalized for any interested locals).
As for what else you can do while you’re here… what about a $100 gift card to one of our favorite restaurants? overlooks the city and is actually the spot where Sherry and I celebrated finding out she was pregnant with Clara.
And since you can’t come to our town and not hit up some of our favorite stores, we’ve wrangled $100 gift cards from four of our favorite spots: , , and the consignment store trio of (kids), (adults) and (teens).
Plus, and are tossing in a bunch of passes to various Richmond must-dos, like the at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (one of our favorites!) and a that’ll give you a taste of several local restaurants in one night.
- PRIZE: As described above: a round-trip flight to Richmond for two people a car rental from , a three night stay at , tickets to , $100 each to , , , , and / / .
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “RICHMOND ME” and tell us…
- BONUS QUESTION: … one fact you know about Richmond. Did you know that it’s known as The River City? Or that it was recently named The Best River Town In America by Outdoor magazine? Or that it’s where Spielberg’s new Lincoln movie was filmed? Or just that it’s the capital of Virginia and where we live?
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, October 10th at 8pm EST or at 10,000 entries (whichever comes first)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- ELIGIBILITY: Flights from the lower 48 United States only, must be 18 or older, tickets must be booked by October 15th. See more guidelines here. (*we really tried to get this to work as an international prize, so sorry that it couldn’t happen – maybe next year!)
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday as an update to this post. That’s right, come right back here on Thursday for the announcement of our winner. Good luck…
Note: We aren’t paid or perked for hosting these giveaways, we just do ‘em to thank you awesome folks for stopping in. See our Giveaway FAQ page for more info. Pics courtesy of the , , , , , , .