When Sherry made a mood board of gifts that kids and ladies might like, there were actually a bunch of requests for a guy-gifts version from me. Color me surprised. But who am I to deny the people what they want? (cut to me muttering quiet profanities while trying to make a mood board). The good news is that
ten hours later I emerged victorious. Fist bumps for everyone! I won’t even pretend that the items below will tickle every guy’s fancy (do men even having “fancies?”), but here are a dozen items that I wouldn’t mind finding under the tree…
1. This , which I’m actually wearing right now. I treated myself to this $20 Fab.com find a few weeks ago and the best part is that Clara says “C for Clara!” when she sees it.
2. I’m a sucker for a good notebook. Yep, even dudes need to write things down now and again. So this $10 from Etsy seems like a pretty perfect place to jot down your “nefarious ideas.”
3. I haven’t actually used this , but every time I walk by it at the store I’m intrigued. It’s like the Segway scooter from of screwdrivers, interpreting the twist of your wrist to the direction you want to drive your bit. Screwdriving of the future perhaps?
4. I will always have a soft spot for , so these caught my eye a few weeks ago. Sadly there’s no Richmond poster yet, but there are still lots of options for those of you who live in (or have a love for) a bigger metropolis.
5. . Need I say more? I do. This fresh $20 print comes to you straight from Richmond.
6. I couldn’t do a mood board without something bike-y on here, right? So how about , which can even be personalized for no extra charge. That means more cash to keep in your… well, you know.
7. These are man cave if I ever saw ’em. And while I like the classic green color of these oversized army men, I think they could also look pretty sweet spray painted charcoal, navy, or even in Sherry’s go-to glossy white.
8. Here’s another suggestion straight from my closet: this is just about the most comfortable thing I own these days. The $45 price tag is a bit more than I usually spend on a sweatshirt, but I’m most definitely getting my money’s worth this winter.
9. This comes in several colors, but this yellow one caught my eye first. They’re available in a few places around the internet, but the I’ve seen hails from eBay.
10. I’m a fan of giving magazine subscriptions to my brothers-in-law for the holidays, and (made from reclaimed materials) could be another option. It’s more expensive than a magazine subscription, so a few of the bro-in-laws would probably go in on it together.
11. The Oatmeal cracks me up on a regular basis, so I see guaranteed laughs for anyone who receives the gift of .
12. While I wouldn’t normally suggesting giving a guy scented candles, even I can get behind “” which smell like fresh cut grass, a campfire, and (my personal favorite) sawdust.
So that’s my dude-y dozen. Do you guys have any favorites of the mix? Or are there any other items that you’re getting the dudes in your life that you’d like to share?
Update: You can check out all of our favorite holiday decor finds here – many of which are under $15!