Booyah: it’s the show notes for Episode #7 of kokokara Has A Podcast. This week we’re asking if there’s a magical age when your house starts feeling more grown-up by discussing what three well-known design sites think should (and shouldn’t!) be found in your home when you hit the big 3-0. We also share some of our go-to housewarming gifts, spill a few of our favorite tricks for hanging stuff on the wall, and look at what real estate features are mentioned most when it comes to selling homes in different states.
You can listen to the show on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher and TuneIn Radio – or play it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
This page has all the links, notes, & photos that go along with what you just heard.
- Here’s a link to The Chris Loves Julia Podcast w/ Preston Pugmire, where you can find us on episode #9 talking about how we budget for projects & how we decide what to DIY and what to hire out.
- And here’s our Events Page for all of the details about our upcoming August speaking stops in Atlanta, New York City, and Greenville, SC (that page has dates, times, and locations for each event). We’d love to see you guys!
- Here’s the custom address stamper from Three Designing Women (looks like Paper Source is having a sale right now, but if that ends we just noticed they’re discounted on Amazon).
- And if you want to give the “perfect” DIYers housewarming gift, here’s the Handy Paint Cup and the short-handled paint brush that we use religiously (all those 5 star reviews are no joke – it really is THE BEST).
- And here’s a link to the post about turning race medals into Christmas ornaments.
60-Second DIY Tip
- These are the OOK ReadyScrew D-Rings for hanging wooden objects and the OOK Sawtooth Hangers that we use with this super glue on other items (we pretty much always have a pack of these three things in our junk drawer).
- This is Zillow’s article and infographic that lists the popular real estate listing amenities by state.
- And here’s the quiz version of it, in case you want to test your knowledge before you see the answers.
- Here are all of those articles that we referenced about what your house should or shouldn’t include by the time you’re 30:
- Apartment Therapy’s 7 Grown-Up Things You Should Have In Your Home By Age 30
- Elle Decor’s The 10 Things You Must Have In Your Home By Age 30
- Elle Decor’s 15 Things You Should Never Have In Your Home After 30
- Domain’s Things You Should Have In Your Home After The Age of 30
- Here’s an example of the canvas drop cloths we like.
- And if you’re digging inlay items, here are a bunch of Sherry’s favorites:
- West Elm doesn’t sell our exact 3-drawer inlay dresser anymore (shown above), but here’s a larger 6-drawer version or a smaller nightstand version.
- Here’s that splurge-y Maya Inlay Mirror from Serena & Lily (still pricey, but on sale for $200 off!)
- And here are a few lower priced inlay options from West Elm:
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links