Booyah: it’s the show notes for Episode #7 of kokokara Has A Podcast. This week we’re asking if there’s a magical age when your house starts feeling more grown-up by discussing what three well-known design sites think should (and shouldn’t!) be found in your home when you hit the big 3-0. We also share some of our go-to housewarming gifts, spill a few of our favorite tricks for hanging stuff on the wall, and look at what real estate features are mentioned most when it comes to selling homes in different states.
You can listen to the show on , , and – or play it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
This page has all the links, notes, & photos that go along with what you just heard.
- Here’s a link to , where you can find us on talking about how we budget for projects & how we decide what to DIY and what to hire out.
- And here’s our Events Page for all of the details about our upcoming August speaking stops in Atlanta, New York City, and Greenville, SC (that page has dates, times, and locations for each event). We’d love to see you guys!
- Here’s the custom address stamper from Three Designing Women (looks like is having a sale right now, but if that ends we just noticed they’re discounted on ).
- And if you want to give the “perfect” DIYers housewarming gift, here’s the and the that we use religiously (all those 5 star reviews are no joke – it really is THE BEST).
- And here’s a link to the post about turning race medals into Christmas ornaments.
60-Second DIY Tip
- These are the for hanging wooden objects and the that we use with on other items (we pretty much always have a pack of these three things in our junk drawer).
- This is Zillow’s article and infographic that lists the .
- And here’s the , in case you want to test your knowledge before you see the answers.
- Here are all of those articles that we referenced about what your house should or shouldn’t include by the time you’re 30:
- Apartment Therapy’s
- Elle Decor’s
- Elle Decor’s
- Here’s an example of we like.
- And if you’re digging inlay items, here are a bunch of Sherry’s favorites:
- West Elm doesn’t sell our exact 3-drawer inlay dresser anymore (shown above), but here’s a larger 6-drawer version or a smaller nightstand version.
- Here’s that splurge-y Maya Inlay Mirror from Serena & Lily (still pricey, but on sale for $200 off!)
- And here are a few lower priced inlay options from West Elm:
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links