Fist pumps all around, you’ve found the show notes for Episode #8 of kokokara Has A Podcast. In this special episode, we have a candid talk about sponsored posts with Emily Henderson (Style By Emily Henderson), Justina Blakeney (The Jungalow), and Nicole Balch (Making It Lovely). Paid content is a big part of the blogging world these days, both for blog writers and blog readers. So these three professional design bloggers are clearing up misconceptions by peeling back the curtain on topics like negative feedback, transparency, and yes, even how much money there is to be made.
You can listen to the show on , , and – or play it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Here’s Justina’s that we referenced throughout the episode. It’s a great read.
- You can also check out the rest of her blog, , and follow her on and Instagram (she’s both and )
- Oh, and we’re also big fans of her New York Times best-selling book, .
- Emily Henderson also wrote an interesting post a while back outlining.
- Here are two of the sponsored posts Emily mentioned: the (photo below) and .
- You can also check out the rest of her blog, , and peruse her and accounts.
- She’s also got a really beautiful New York Times best-selling book called .
- Nicole has opened up to her audience about balancing sponsored content and even asked for feedback. is another great read on the subject.
- You can follow Nicole as she makes over her Victorian home in Chicago on her blog and via her and feeds.
- We had the privilege of “house crashing” Nicole’s previous home a few years ago during our first book tour stop in Chicago.
- Here’s that Tumblr account, called “,” that catalogs anonymous submissions about sponsorship deals that bloggers are making with various brands.
- If you’d like a little peek behind the scenes of our blog, we wrote this post in 2013 about how we monetized our site, spent our time, and what sort of expenses were involved (our hosting fees were more than double our mortgage payment!).
- And here’s that post from 2010 where we declared we weren’t accepting free products.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links*