Happy Halloween everyone! Not many tricks here, but some treats in the form of the show notes for Episode #22 of kokokara Has A Podcast. This week we’re chatting about what to do when you just can’t seem to find your momentum on a certain home task – and we fess up to one that’s had us stuck for months. We also get to talk to HGTV’s Nicole Curtis about rehabbing old houses, working in a “man’s world,” and why she thinks it’s hard (but important) to be an open book with her fans. John also spooks up a Halloween-inspired game, Sherry gleefully removes something from our new kitchen, and we drool over cake stands. Well, and cake. Mostly cake.
You can download this episode from , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- The photo above is an old one from the summer, but we don’t need to bother taking a new one because it looks EXACTLY THE SAME. But here are the I’m thinking of getting, which will hopefully finally get me moving.
- Here are those Carats Double Old-Fashioned glasses from World Market that came up again. Now you too will know the story behind those three letters.
- If you missed our original conversation about “fancy” dorm rooms, check out Episode #15 which was inspired by .
- And catch us on the by Little Yellow Couch. You can find our episode on iTunes or listen to it below!
- If you wanna see what odd holiday is celebrated on your birthday, here’s the we mentioned. Tweet us about whichever one falls on your big day – or tell us what you make up if it’s blank.
- You guys probably already know that you can catch Nicole’s show, , on HGTV or the DIY Network
- You can also snag her new book, , anywhere that books are sold. It’s a really great read for anyone who can relate to the ups and downs of being a DIYer.
- Here’s the (which we’ve since learned is pronounced RATCH-eo, like ratchet). We’re loving it. I even got my first “watering has been skipped due to rain” email the other day.
- And it turns out that it’s actually the system referenced in this Amazon Alexa commercial, where the dad uses voice command to turn the sprinklers on his daughter’s ex-boyfriend.
- Here’s our cake stand turned plant stand in the dining room, which was visible in from a few weeks ago:
- You can also find some pretty great ones at places like HomeGoods and even at yard sales, thrift stores, and ebay.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Check out and browse the full line of on their website, or wherever you buy paint.
*This post contains affiliates*