Now that your clocks have fallen back for Daylight Savings (and if you have kids, they were up extra early – yay!), let’s dive into the show notes for Episode #23 of kokokara Has A Podcast. This week’s episode is coming at you from a hotel room in Baltimore, and we answer three callers seeking home-related updates (from how things are holding up years later to whether it was a shock to move from a smaller ranch-style home to a larger two-story one). Sherry also celebrates *almost* predicting a 2017 color of the year, John gets emotional over another podcast, and we share why it’s especially nerve-wracking to do DIY on camera. Oh, and in honor of Election Day, our quiz takes a surprisingly political turn.
You can download this episode from , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Above is a shot from our architecture tour of Chicago. That’s the beautiful Chicago Cultural Center and its gigantic Tiffany glass dome (along with some heart-eyed bloggers snapping pics).
- Below is Sherry’s shot of our sweet recording set-up in our hotel room in Baltimore. Note the fancy sound-deadening layer on the table (bathmat) and the professional-grade computer stand (bed).
- You can listen back to our What’s Not quiz in Episode 17 where we mused about what Benjamin Moore might name it’s Color of the Year in 2017.
- And here’s where you can .
- Well, we’ve got you covered if you wanna browse all of Pottery Barn’s sofas and via Wikipedia.
- The photo above shows the before & after of our stair runner. And here’s a link to the rug itself along with our original post about how we installed it.
- If you’re not familiar with our three homes, you can tour them each here: First, Second, and Current.
- You can also see rough floor plans of each of them in these posts: First House, Second House, Current House
And just for fun, we’d love for you to weigh in on having a bigger house:
- And below is a shot of our kitchen runner, which we’re pretty crazy about (its egg tolerance only made our love stronger). It’s from .
- Here’s the from Social Print Studio we’re both super digging.
- And definitely check out the podcast. The two episodes I mentioned were and , which you can listen to below:
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit to learn more about their Design to Impact program, and enter YHL15 at checkout to get 15% off your next purchase. And to you can view the video we watched during this week’s episode about .
*This post contains affiliate links*