December is here and so are the show notes for Episode #27 of kokokara Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode we talk about pacing yourself through your home renovations, so your eagerness to make changes doesn’t get you in deeper than your budget, time, or ability allows. We also list a few places to start, and how to redirect yourself if you’re pondering a project that might be better left for later. Plus, John shares one of his weirder DIY battle wounds to date (thanks to our new beach house) and Sherry talks about a few new twists on our holiday decor. We also share our favorite stocking stuffers for DIY or decor lovers, and marvel at some of the weirder products to come out of Shark Tank.
You can download this episode from , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Below is a pic of Sherry’s “cage o’ presents” and above is a shot of our new tree up in the bonus room (it’s this one from Target).
- Here are some of the ornaments we picked out for it too: hot chocolate mug, winter bear, and wooden bear.
- Also, we’ll spare you a shot of John’s poison ivy, but here’s a glimpse at the beach house’s old metal shed that inflicted the damage (yes, it’s oddly close to the house on the right, right along the property line).
- And here’s one of the GIANT pieces of brush that we pulled out (and likely the poison ivy culprit)
- Oh, and here’s what the inside of the shed looked like. Yowza.
- You can hear the original discussion about stairs with white risers in Episode 23, and see many of the listener comments we received on and Instagram.
- Here’s a link to that book we’re majorly into. And below is another shot from their Instagram account.
- Here’s the list of “” that John referenced for the quiz, with the ones we mentioned listed for you below:
- (a toilet stool)
- (pillow with a hood)
- (toilet training for cats)
- (paste to keep your glassed on your nose)
- (bathtime puppets)
- (organic laundry soap)
- (shrunken sweater restorer)
- (UV-light to kill bacteria on your phone)
- (weatherproof bag for your car)
- (disposable sheet layers for your bed)
- (wristband shocker to prevent bad habits)
- Also, please do yourself a favor and watch the EVP car bag in action. It literally is just a giant bag for your car.
- Since we referenced it in answering Joy’s question, here’s our post about why we like a “Phase 1” when it comes to decorating.
- You can also see the wood divider that Sherry took out in our first home’s living room.
- And you can leave us a voicemail with your own question by calling 571-4-YHLHAP (that’s 571-494-5427)
- Above are some of our suggestions for a DIYer’s stocking: , , , , (or ), or , , , and a !
- And below are a few finds for the decor enthusiast: , , , a scented candle, a pretty frame, some ornaments, a small plant (even faux!), a cute dish towel, and ceramic anything.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit to learn more about their Design to Impact program, and enter YHL15 at checkout to get 15% off your next purchase.
*This post contains affiliate links*