Phew, you survived the treacherous journey through the worldwide web to find yourself here, at the show notes for Episode #31 of kokokara Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode, we didn’t find love in a hopeless place, but we found a beach house color in a surprising one. Yes, several weeks, multiple test swatches, and 1,500 comments later, we’ve finally settled on a color for our beach house’s exterior – and the decision came from one of the most random places! Plus, we talk to blogger, designer, and Domino contributor Jenny Komenda about the challenges of running a design business and what decor trends she’s noticing in the new year. And we’re digging some pretty weird stuff this week. We’ll just leave it at that.
You can download this episode from , , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Above is the coffee cup from the beloved local that brought an end to our beach house paint color debate
- In case you missed it, here are the & posts where people weighed in on our beach house exterior color (we also got emails, direct messages, communication via carrier pigeon, etc)
- If you want to catch up on the beach house news – check out this announcement post and this planning post (which has a full house tour video for you) – and take a listen to podcast Episode #26 for even more details
- We’ll be speaking on Thursday, February 2nd in Palm Springs, CA at . It sold out crazy fast, but if you already grabbed tickets, we’re excited to see you there. Also: warm weather here we come!
- Here’s the with the full list of items that were buried in Nickelodeon’s 1992 Time Capsule.
- And, if you’d forgotten how bad TV resolution was 25 years ago, here’s a video of the event:
- You can keep up with Jenny on her blog (or follow on , , and )
- Or check her out over on Domino magazine’s site, where there’s a and projects she has tackled (like the, pictured below).
- Here’s that book she mentioned too:
- Also, if you missed our previous episode about stepping back from blogging, which was vaguely referenced during our Jenny chat, you can hear the whole shebang in Episode 14
- Above are some of the not-cheap-but-DIY-friendly Butter London nail polish colors Sherry loves: Trout Pout / Twist & Twirl / Ta Ta / Shop Girl / Top Coat / Rather Red
- And below are a few Cropscotch creations that’ll spiff up your pet’s neck: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit to learn more about their Design to Impact program, and enter YHL15 at checkout to get 15% off your next purchase.
*This post contains affiliate links*