In this long overdue update on our beach house renovation, you’ll hear how we’ve got some walls going up and many others coming down – and why we’ve changed our mind on the floor plan (again!). We also revisit our master bathroom reno for a sec (which is still percolating). Plus, we talk with Oh Joy’s eponymous founder, Joy Cho, about turning a blog into a lifestyle brand – and pushing through the many rejections along the way. We’re also talking about a simple upgrade that has streamlined our hall bathroom and an even simpler sticky fix that has solved a cord nuisance in our house. Oh, and Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
You can download this episode from , , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- We’re working on a ridiculously giant post for you guys with a bunch of updated photos and floor plans of the beach house, but in the meantime – here are a few peeks at its current state… including the newly constructed side above (you can see the exterior view of it here) and some before & progress (but definitely not after) pics below.
Also, Sherry is Kung Fu Panda*
*That hole was there already, and Sherry is most definitely not Kung Fu Panda
- And as for the beach house breakfast nook inspiration that Sherry has been heart-eying, here you go:
- In case you missed the original discussion of our Roomba issues – or want to chime in on the Roomba poll – you can find it all in Episode #32
- Episode #32 is also where you’ll hear the whole story about our realtor friend who suggested keeping our master closet footprint over losing it for a tub.
- If you’re looking for more fun V-day facts about roses, hit up or these . Oh, and here are some more too.
Joy Cho of Oh Joy!
- You can see more of Joy and her cool designs on , as well as her social feeds like , , & .
- She’s also got three books out – one with – and two for & .
- Also, don’t forget her Oh Joy! for Target collection, including the diaper backpack she mentioned.
- And of course, BAND-AIDS!
- Above you can see the that we bought and installed for our kids’ bathroom. So simple, and we love that it automatically turns on and off.
- Below is the charging cord we fixed with some recently purchased Sugru (even though it’s not pronounced “sugaroo”) in our kitchen. We got , but they also have just a or an even .
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
To see the smartstuff nursery makeover (and viral video that started it all), visit
*This post contains affiliate links*