*** This giveaway is now closed – see who won below!***
It was fun hearing all of your rap names, guys. That and seeing how many people entered “C.LO” instead of “L.CO.” That does roll of the tongue a bit more easily… Anyways, our random winner is… Rebecca (or should we say “Rebizzle” since that’s her high school nickname, which has stuck around for 15 years). Congrats!
When Sherry and I were looking for some big, bold paintings to add some oomph to a few book photos back in January we turned to a local painter (and friend!) named . And when she arrived at our house to loan us some gorgeous canvasses for our photoshoots, Clara called her J.Lo.
We think it was her boots and her dark hair. But Lindsay’s – or should I say L.Co’s – talents lie in a different area than Miss Lopez’s. She creates beautifully colorful abstract paintings that we just love (which are also available as , and ). You’ll have to wait for our book‘s release to see where they ended up, but in the meantime one of you is going to win a whopping $500 gift card for one of her paintings.
- PRIZE: $500 towards any original painting by
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post with the words “L.CO ME!” and tell us…
- BONUS QUESTION: … what would your superstar/celebrity nickname be if you could choose one? Does the J.Lo method work for you? J.Pe isn’t too catchy for me. Or would you opt for another variation? Maybe adopt your middle name as your last name? Or find a rap name? Lil’ Spackler perhaps?
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Wednesday, October 24th at 8pm EST or at 10,000 entries (whichever comes first)
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- PRIZE SHIPS: The United States (although we try to wrangle as many international giveaways as possible)
- DISCOUNT: 10% off any in stock original painting with code YOUNGHOUSELOVE2012 (through Oct 29 when purchased direct from Lindsay)
- USUAL STUFF: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced on Thursday as an update to this post. That’s right, come right back here on Thursday for the announcement of our winner. Good luck…
Note: We aren’t paid or perked for hosting these giveaways, we just do ‘em to thank you awesome folks for stopping in. See our Giveaway FAQ page for more info. Pics courtesy of .