Happy 2017 everyone! Shall we ring in the new year with some show notes for Episode #29 of kokokara Has A Podcast? On this week’s episode, we asked you to call in with your house-related resolutions for 2017, and boy did you guys deliver! So we’re playing some of our favorite listener voicemails and sharing what home-related changes we’re hoping to implement in the coming year. Plus, we share why we were giving all of the presents under the tree some serious side eye on the night before Christmas, how we found something burning in our son’s bedroom, and we take a look at what trends Pinterest is projecting will be big in 2017.
You can download this episode from iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, and TuneIn Radio – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Here’s a quick list of some of the gifts we mentioned in the episode:
- The wife’s fancy phone charger (shown above) – I also treated myself to one, and the weighted knot that keeps it from falling back behind the nightstand is great
- Sherry’s new books: the latest Domino book and Absolutely Beautiful Things
- Also, here’s the saw I’m currently eying: Sliding Compound Miter Saw… ideally with this collapsing stand
- Here’s that Minimalism documentary on Netflix that we watched Christmas Eve (complete with a Dan Harris cameo, who wrote the 10% Happier book that Sherry has raved about)
- Also, more info on Project 333 that was mentioned
- Plus, Card Against Humanity (we went through 3 expansion packs – Red, Blue, and Green)
- Lastly, below is a peek at the “homework drawer” we carved out in the kitchen by shuffling a couple things around (you can see a video of how the rest of our kitchen drawers are organized in this post).
- Here’s the Pinterest 100 for 2017
- And this is last year’s list, the Pinterest 100 for 2016
- Also, here’s the Martha Stewart article that led us there in the first place (it summarizes their 10 favorites for 2017)
2017 House Resolutions
- Wanna read about some of our past resolutions? Spoiler: balance and simplifying seem to be a trend – ha!
- And while we’re no longer fielding resolution calls, you can leave decorating or DIY questions on our voicemail for us to answer on a future episode. The phone number is 571-4-YHLHAP (or 571-494-5427)
- Above are some mermaid pillows that Sherry’s digging (note: many are offered in several colorways) : 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
- You can also see some in action in this YouTube video that we found below:
- Also, here are the new wireless LED candles that we bought (and LOVE!) complete with an auto on/off timer, and a brighter side that faces the street (so the glare inside isn’t blinding but they’re nice and bright from the curb).
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Shop all fine art at minted.com/YHL and new customers can get 15% off their art order with code YHL15
*This post contains affiliate links*