We get lots of questions about which decorating and renovating shows make it into our DVR. And while there are probably enough design shows to circle the earth five times, we’ve whittled things down to a few choice favs. Here are our top five:
1. – This is one of our most recent discoveries since the Fine Living Network was added to our cable bundle… and it’s already on the must-watch list. Each show follows a small team of designers as they redo a space with a budget that ranges from gigantic to tiny (with occasional thrift store shopping which always delights us) and the reveal is always breathtaking.
2. – Insane budgets, nighmarish setbacks, and jawdropping transformations are par for the course when homeowners take their tiny homes and turn them into bona fide 6000 square foot mansions while the cameras roll. Drama!
3. – Candace Olson is far and away one of our favorite designers. Sure we could do without the skat-inspired theme song or the weird little skits in each episode, but her design sense, use of color, and furniture arranging skills are nothing short of magical.
4. – This new show on the block is full of chic transformations that we’ve really enjoyed thus far. Sure, she’s from Trading Spaces, but we can’t hold that against her forever.
5. – Thom Filicia is a fantastic designer with bold ideas that actually look inviting and livable when he puts them into practice (as opposed to about a million other shows that just look crazy and over the top).
It should be noted that we just got the DIY channel along with the Fine Living Network so we’re still exploring this whole new world of home improvement programming. And of course we’re excited to hear all about what you guys love so we can check them out for ourselves! Do tell.
Check out what is watching- and read her comments for other suggestions.