Happy Holidays everyone! We got you a little something to celebrate. It’s the show notes for Episode #29 of kokokara Has A Podcast. On this week’s episode we talked about hiring out renovation work in your home. Specifically, that it can be exciting and awesome.. and sometimes it can be deflating and frustrating… which was the case recently for us. So we’re sharing some red flags to look out for and some tips to try to avoid that issue along with a few more ways that we’ve cut down on holiday stress (and gift excess). Plus we dive into our favorite design books, dig up John’s old journal, and enjoy some holiday tunes from a very special guest.
You can download this episode from , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Above you can see that pic of John in the “baby chair” that we promised. It’s about 12″ off the ground, and he’s 6′ tall.
- Below we’ve included a look at our Christmas card this year, which we bought on (it was )
- Here’s that recap of holiday gift themes we’ve used in our exchange:
- Travel Junk (things you pick up while on trips or vacations)
- Say Cheese (photo or cheese related gifts – we got a for our cousins who live in Madison)
- The Good Ol’ Days (vintage items like these retro-style and game sets)
- On The Road (gifts good for road trips or travel, like this we received)
- The Year of Granny (to honor grandma’s 90th birthday we chose gifts that reminded us of her, like an )
- Be A Good Sport (sports-related gifts like memorabilia for your favorite team or actual games to play together)
- Feeling Green (eco-related gifts, or things that were literally the color green)
- Across State Lines (local gifts from the town of the gifter)
- We also did more general categories like “Music” and “Entertainment” in past years
- And you can check out the poll we referenced about devices like , , or in the show notes for Episode #25
- Here are all of those holiday-inspired paint colors: , , , (on second thought, it may read more pink than peach), , , , and .
- Here’s another post (scroll halfway down) that tackles some common questions we get about working with contractors or hiring pros.
- Also, tips for negotiating with contractors!
- Don’t forget – if you’ve got a DIY, decorating, or house question for us: leave us a voicemail at 571-4-YHL-HAP (that’s 571-494-5427)
- Here are links to the design books Sherry mentioned:
- by Anna Spiro
- by Jonathan Adler
- by Emily Henderson
- and (figured we’d toss ours in for good measure ;)
- And check out the podcast for plenty of adults-relishing-their-younger-weirdness hilarity
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit to learn more about their Design to Impact program, and enter YHL15 at checkout to get 15% off your next purchase.
*This post contains affiliate links*