One of the hardest things to master at home is mixing color and pattern (which can look CRAZY or *yawn* if you go about it without much direction). So we turned to someone who’s great at it for advice: Cassie from Hi Sugarplum. We loved hearing how she balances her bold aesthetic to create a high-impact house, and even how she knows when she has gone too far. Plus, we share how we made good on one of our New Year’s resolutions and how we found ourselves celebrating Sherry’s birthday in a way that super surprised one of us (not so much the other one). We also talk about why your living room might be the reason your house won’t sell.
You can download this episode from , , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- We couldn’t take pictures inside the actual Escape Room, but that was us showing our nerves in front of the sign outside. For locals, we went to .
- And now for a whole slew of things that inspired us at , like the tiny peach fridge, the rustic diagonal whitewashed floors, and the lobby which has a restaurant right smack in the middle of it.
- Before Quirk was a hotel, it was an art gallery that we featured waaaay back in 2008 (heads up: small photos!). Then we house crashed the owner’s home (which had been featured in Domino) a few months later. It has been fun to see Quirk grow over the years into this cool hotel in our home city.
- Here’s that link to Realtor.com’s .
- You can catch up with Cassie’s style and decor on her blog,
- Here are some links with more info about the rooms we referenced in our chat: her (seen above) and (seen below).
- Here are also some of those apps/sites we mention as good for free on-the-go mood board making: and
- Here’s where you can follow on Facebook. And here are some of the products we mentioned, like the (the humane spider picker-upper), the (the magical paint frisbee – seen above), and the (the machine that seems to do the same job as a cup of ice).
- And, of course, Sherry’s favorite new bra (even though this one didn’t do it for her). Now that she’s a convert, she says she’s eying this one too. Can someone go from having too few bras to too many?
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
Visit to browse tile for your next project, and get 20% off your next purchase with the code YHL20.
*This post contains affiliate links