We’re celebrating fifty episodes and one year of podcasting (!!!) with a special episode that takes you behind the scenes and unearths some of our weirdest moments, cringiest sound bites, and even an email we got from Beyonce’s dad (for real). We share the stuff that we love about podcasting (sometimes even more than blogging) along with what parts we loathe, and how a pizza got this whole thing off to a rocky start. Plus we introduce you to the crew of people who work on this show behind the scenes. Spoiler alert: they’re all weird.
You can download this episode from , , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- Here are some of those blogiversary posts of yore that we referenced:
- Our annual Q&A video from our 6th blogiversary
- Looking back at our blogging firsts, fails, and facepalms from our first five years
- What a day in the life of a blogger looked like in 2012
- The hilarious results of our 2013 reader survey (probably the only place you’ll find a pie chart with Chris Farley in it)
- And speaking of surveys… if you’re a podcast listener, please PLEASE take a couple of minutes to fill out . It will be a big help in getting a sense of who you guys are and what you like, so we can serve up more of that in year #2!
- If you missed our most downloaded episode, you can catch it here (trying not to spoil the answer for those who haven’t listened)
- Or you can show some love to our least downloaded episode. It did start off a little weird, that’s for sure…
- And although none of our “special episodes” took either title, here they are if you weren’t sure what we were talking about when we referenced those:
- We’ll put together a more thorough post about the technical side of our podcast, but you can peek at our super high-end, totally professional looking recording set-up in the picture above.
- And real quick, here’s , the we bought (to soften any hard P sounds), and (it’s free!).
- Before our first-choice podcast name was dead in the water, here are some of the logos we played around with. As you can see by their rough state, we didn’t get very far with them… but why didn’t we check iTunes before messing around with logos?!?!
- Oh, and the Home Slice podcast isn’t on iTunes anymore, but all you pizza enthusiasts can still on Soundcloud.
- If you’re looking to get in on the Ms. Meyer’s candle shortcut, here’s , Lemon Verbena (which matches we use on our counters).
- It also comes in , , and (Basil sounds weird but it’s really nice too).
- And if you’re looking instead to add a little messy fun to your counters, that has kept our kids entertained for hours recently.
Also, if you’re looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our past episodes.
And lastly, a big thank you to DAP for sponsoring this episode. Hit up to learn more about DAP Products or call 1-888-DAP-TIPS to get expert advice on your next project or product purchase (and if Jason answers, tell him we say “Hi!”).
Thanks for listening, guys!
*This post contains affiliate links