Well, you’ve found ’em: the show notes for Episode #3 of kokokara Has A Podcast. In this week’s episode, Designer Sarah Richardson shares one of her biggest makeover mistakes, which prompts us to reflect upon a design fail that we’ve made not once, but twice! We also dive into how we attempt to keep our house in order, and dig up some research about why decluttering can make your head hurt. Plus, you’ll hear how our mornings have gotten greener, what has changed about our frame game, and we’ll test our knowledge about a popular design show’s slew of spinoffs.
You can find this episode on , , and – or play it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos that we referenced.
- Here’s the Nutri Ninja Pro that we use to make our green smoothies every morning
- As promised, here’s a recap of our ingredients for the version we make the kids:
- Three green ice cubes (this is spinach, kale, & water blended ahead of time & frozen in an ice cube tray)
- 1 frozen peach slice (this and the next two come from the freezer section of the grocery store)
- A few frozen pineapple pieces
- A few frozen mango chunks
- 1 whole banana (not frozen)
- A big spoonful of plain greek yogurt
- A couple splashes of orange juice or almond milk
- We also slip some chia seeds in there sometimes too
- NOTE: It helps to thaw the frozen ingredients a little beforehand if possible (makes it less chunky & easier to blend).
- And here’s generally what goes in the version we make ourselves:
- Three green ice cubes (this is spinach, kale, & water blended ahead of time and frozen in an ice cube tray)
- A bunch of frozen green apple chunks (that we cut & freeze ahead of time)
- A bunch of cucumber chunks (frozen or fresh)
- 1 whole banana (not frozen)
- Two or three spoonfuls of plain greek yogurt
- A few basil leaves
- A few mint leaves
- A splash of orange juice, almond milk, or water
- A small spoonful of chia seeds (sometimes)
- A small scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder (sometimes)
Voicemail from Sarah Richardson
- It was a huge honor to hear from Sarah Richardson! Fingers crossed that her upcoming show gets aired here in the US! You can check out her website for lots of stuff, including to shop the and her , and you can hit up Amazon to get her second book, .
- Here are the notorious green curtains we mentioned: Take 1 hails from our previous master bedroom (here’s where we finally landed) and Take 2 was in this house’s nursery (here’s what we switched them out for)
- We also mentioned other green-related missteps, like:
- the fuzzy rug in our old living room, which eventually got replaced with a much better green rug that we still use in our bedroom today
- the tortured chairs in our old dining room that were green at one point (VERY briefly), and eventually got swapped out entirely
- our terrible attempt to paint our powder room vanity green, which immediately got repainted
- And in the “green stuff we love” column, we have:
- Here’s the Wikipedia page where all of the are listed (we didn’t even mention them all!).
- Here’s the Lifehacker article entitled
- And here’s Gretchen Rubin’s
- Ok, it’s poll time. Who’s gonna win? Does everyone just hate both, or do other people out there feel that organization euphoria after decluttering a closet? Maybe some scrubbers will represent?
- Above is a picture of the non-white planter Sherry mentioned that she found at HomeGoods (she’s also eying this one and these three that nest)
- Check out to see the birch and silver frames we mixed into our living room gallery wall. And here are the dark frames in our master bedroom.
Psst- Looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into? Well, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all past episodes.
*This page contains affiliate links