If you’ve ever had dreams (or maybe nightmares?) of living in a tiny house, you’re not alone. Lots of people have lots of different feelings about them. So we called up a couple who have lived in an 188 square foot space for over two years, and we asked them all of your burning questions to find out the rosy (and not so rosy) parts of tiny house living. And it was FASCINATING. Plus, we’ve hit a big sentimental milestone at home, and Sherry’s finally jumping on the bandwagon of a certain decorating trend.
You can download this episode from , , , , and – or listen to it below! Then use this page to check out any links, notes, or photos we referenced. Note: If you’re reading in a feed reader, you might have to click through to the post to see the player.
- We’re aiming to have a post full of photos and details about our son’s bedroom update this week, but above is a peek at his new big boy bed that we mentioned. Behold the wonders of a daybed.
- A full bedroom source rundown will be in the upcoming post, but real quick here are , , , , and . And the wall color is Going To The Chapel and the built-ins are Senora Gray (both by Benjamin Moore).
- Before this update, the room was pretty much unchanged from when you guys last saw it in 2014 (gasp!). Well, except when 6 months ago our son figured out he could peel off the wall decals shaped like “T”s – so it was finally time for them to go. Ha!
Tiny Home: 188sqft
- If you want to learn more about Mandy and Kevin of 188sqft, and be sure to .
- They’ve got some great of their renovation (like the one below) over there too.
- And to get a better sense of how the space actually functions for them (and their pets) check out their house tour video:
- Mandy also mentioned some other people that they follow who do this sort of thing with kids, so I asked her so share some of her favorites. Here are a bunch of people juggling tiny spaces and tiny people :)
- There’s the pink letterboard Sherry got for the beach house (it’s ). Ours is the “Light Pink” version, but they’ve got a bunch of others – like and .
- We also highly recommend following for lots of letterboard inspiration. They offer boards in lots of .
- This was that I got for Christmas, which included two bulbs and . It came right under our family’s $50 gift limit back in December, so keep an eye on it to see if it drops again.
- And in case my overview of the Philips Hue bulbs didn’t make sense, this graphic gives you a snapshot of the differences between the Philips Hue bulbs (the can be any color and any tone of white), the bulbs (which can be any tone of white), and the bulbs that I got (which can only be soft white – which is all my special eyes ever need). Plus they’re a more normal lightbulb shape, which I’m glad about.
If you’re looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our past episodes.
And lastly, a big thank you to Grove Collaborative for sponsoring this episode. You get a free $30 gift set (including the tin caddy and Mrs. Meyer’s Cleaning supplies shown below) when you sign up at and spend your first $20.
Thanks for listening, guys!
*This post contains affiliate links*