Heard something in the “We’re Digging” segment of our podcast… but can’t quite remember which episode it was? Well, you’re not alone (heck, we can’t even keep all of the episodes straight) so to make it easier we’ve rounded them all up in one big master list for ya. Just scroll on down until you find it, you can click on any episode title to listen or view the full show notes. You can also see our round-up of books we’ve mentioned on our Book Club page. Happy Digging!
Episode #144: When You Don’t Even Recognize Your Own Shopping Habits
- Sherry: from Glossier that she uses to beef up her eyebrows.
- John: for the duplex. We snagged it for $15, and comes with a standard white label & black ink cartridge (we bought though).
Episode #143: So We Had Our First Guests At The Duplex…
- Sherry: that we bought (in “Fresh Stripe”) to use as our beach cooler this summer after seeing my sister with hers. We love that it’s simple, affordable ($25), and the whole thing folds up to be stored in your freezer – so it’s always ready to use!
- John: we tried out in our coat closet. They aren’t the brightest lights in the world, but a 3-pack is just $18 and the motion activation works remarkably well (they turn off after a few seconds of no motion).
Episode #142: Our Kitchen Is Grosser Than You Think
- Sherry: The that she uses on days when her regular just isn’t enough (she says it’s for when she’s feeling extra puffy or didn’t sleep well). You literally store it in the freezer so the roller part is like a cold ice pack on yo’ face.
- John: and (the preschool version our son gets). Our kids are also really loving the specialty Hidden Pictures books, we have the one shown above, but there’s also , , and .
Episode #141: When You See Another Blogger’s Home In Person…
- Sherry: Decorative mobiles, like the ones shown above and the one we put in the duplex to fill some negative space in one of the bedrooms, but didn’t want another picture frame. / / / / /
- John: The compact that was highly recommended to us after we dealt with a dead car battery in the airport parking garage.
Episode #140: The Most Fight-Inducing DIYs Out There
- Sherry: The that Sherry has added to her skin & face care routine. It’s under $9 for a big 12 oz bottle, and she puts some on a cotton ball and wipes it all over her face every morning along with her other magic kitchen/face things.
- John: These that we installed in the duplex hallway. And by “installed” I mean I unscrewed the old cover and screwed this new one on, just like a normal outlet cover. THAT’S IT. Can’t say enough good things about these.
Episode #139: Our Exterior Makeover Continues…
- Sherry: The subscription she got for her birthday. It’s an elaborate (fictional) murder mystery you get to help solve with tons of intricate clues!
- John: This that’s a fun visual matching game that all ages of our family enjoys playing! Here are 3 examples of “sets” below:
Episode #138: Was Ikea Not “Good Enough” For Our Home’s Kitchen
- Sherry: The series by Sarah Maas. As she mentioned in the episode, there is (The Assassin’s Blade) but she’s started with book one.
- John: The two books I read over Spring Break: by Janelle Brown and by Ruth Ware.
Episode #137: The Next Home We’re Taking On
- Sherry: My new go-to sunscreen for sensitive skin, .
- John: The that uses a magnet to help you be certain you’ve found a stud.
Episode #136: Maximizing House Joy (For Minimal Money)
- Sherry: Using the “Do Not Disturb” feature on her iPhone (it’s right near the top of your Settings). We have ours scheduled for nighttime hours, and it still allows calls from our “Favorite” s to break through. Even “Repeated Calls” can help anyone get through if they call twice within three minutes.
- John: we got to help us keep the inside of our vehicle a little neater. It’s all about having a system that you can stick to, right? So for under $10 we went for it. We got the all black one (surprise) and we store it in the passenger side door’s cup holder.
Episode #135: How Many Dollhouses Are Too Many Dollhouses?
- Sherry: , the game we’ve been playing a lot lately (it’s the standard, grown-up, American version). There are also lots of other variations like (for kids), , , and even specific countries in Europe too.
- John: , a book I’m so glad so many of your recommended to me. Such a good (and educational!) read.
Episode #134: Where Have All The Family Photos Gone?
- Sherry: on Netflix (warning: the bad language starts right away). It’s funny, weird, intense, scary, and refreshing all at the same time. Also, each of the 8 episodes is only about 30 minutes, so it was the perfect quick low-commitment binge!
- John: that have been such a hit with our kids thanks to the rainbows they splay all over the kitchen every morning.
Episode #133: The Fascinating Ways Homes Differ Around The World
- Sherry: if you need a boost of confidence thanks to his fun, charming, and oddly motivational dance videos.
- John: The book from my childhood that we recently tracked down for our kids to enjoy. It’s about house painting after all!
- I don’t want to give away the final image in the book, but here’s the house before the children decide to help paint it while the parents are gone…
Episode #132: Are We Sabotaging Our Sleeping Spaces?
- Sherry: by Liane Moriarty, the latest from the author behind Big Little Lies as well as a few others that Sherry highly recommends, like What Alice Forgot and The Husband’s Secret.
- John: that we have throughout our home and our beach houses – especially now that I can order them to size without having to go in store and have them cut.
Episode #131: The Surprising Side Effects Of Going TV Free
- Sherry: These she’s been weirdly into lately (found them on amazon – now they’re out of stock, but I ).
- John: , one of the book that I read during our TV free week.
Episode #130: Can Science Help Us Make Our Homes Happier?
- Sherry: Whimsical object that bring some more hits of joy to your house, like the ones above: / / / / / / / / / / / /
- John: Our driveway paved, including my parents got the kids during Christmas sales.
Episode #129: When It Feels Like Everything’s Going Wrong
- Sherry: Shopping HomeGoods onlinevia the . And here are some of the things you can find there (which is especially helpful when you’re looking for two of the same thing, and can’t track down multiples in the store). / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
- John: ($29) I bought for the patio lights on our back porch. It was easy to set-up and even has two separate plugs that you can control separately.
Episode #128: Finding More Life In Less Stuff
- Sherry: My evening-time routine which includes my and from LUSH. And here’s my favorite .
- John: The that I’ve been enjoying to help me stay accountable with my sleep habits That’s not my data below (I wish I got to sleep until 9:13am!) but you can see how it mimics the rings in Apple Watch’s Activity app, and how it tracks your “sleep bank” and tells you whether you’re working off of a sur or a deficit of sleep.
Episode #127: The Real Housewives of Airbnb
- Sherry: Marie Kondo’s Netflix series, Tidying Up, and .
- John: we got for our car (it’s $25). It’s still wired itself, but now we can just place our new phones into it & they automatically charge without having to wrestle a cord. We have it clipped to our vent, but it comes with an option for sticking it to your dashboard too.
Episode #126: Is Your Home Making You Grumpy?
- Sherry: , followed by , and finally . (There’s also if that’s your jam).
- John: Showerheads with H20Kinetic technology (again, not sponsored – I just really like the ones we’ve bought and can tell a difference). Most of these also come in multiple finishes: / / / / / /
Episode #125: A Tale Of Two Kitchens
- Sherry: , our family’s new favorite game for everyone in the household.
- John: eBay coupons. We spent $4 buying a 10% off Bed Bath & Beyond coupon on eBay and it saved us $40 on an online check out!
Episode #124: One Small Space And Three Options (Help!)
- Sherry: That’s the that Sherry recently tried on our nail-hole-dappled living room wall. It totally did the trick for small holes and was extra convenient since it’s everything you need in one item.
- John: . It’s Paula Hawkin’s follow-up to and I was pleasantly surprised by it!
Episode #123: Baskets – Friend or Foe?
- Sherry: , the creepy series we LOVED binging on Netflix recently. We finished it over a week ago and are still talking about it.
- John: My that I snagged on Black Friday for $325 instead of the $500+ I had originally planned to spend on the newer model. Also the the I’ve been liking (it comes pre-installed on the watch).
Episode #122: If We Had To Make A House “Must Have” List…
- Sherry: The movie Wreck-It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet
- John: Smart switches, like the above, but I’ve also used the as well. You can read more about the smart home tech around our house and how we use it.
Episode #121: Do We Make Design Decisions Just For The Blog?
- Sherry: Peg “family portraits” from various Etsy sellers, including details like the shadow box, the swaddled baby, or pets with ears. Many also show examples of other “family” combos – siblings, couples, etc. / / /
- John: I’ve been using for around a month now. It comes in around 30 different colors, but I got “Alaska Brown.” It doesn’t offer personalization, but some on Etsy that throw that in for free. Here’s the ($20), ($25 marked down to $15!) and the ($18)
Episode #120: The Big Fight We Had Over A Microwave
- Sherry: The that Sherry’s is using to up her DIY haircutting techniques.
- John: that still fits nicely within the IKEA storage cabinet we got over 7 years ago to house our old one. I picked up the printer , and here’s where you can learn more about the service we’re trying out
Episode #119: What Almost Derailed Our Painted House Makeover
- Sherry: Our new furniture line with Wayfair, these and the mixed-finish that has a metal base and the glossy white top. Also the above, which was inspired by the vintage dresser in our bedroom that was handed down to us from my dad (he bought it secondhand for $100 decades ago – and we believe it’s from the 1920s). You should’ve seen his face when he saw this new one in person!
- John: The prospect of getting an . Is it worth me spending my birthday money on?
Episode #118: The Not-So-Calm Before The White Brick Storm
- Sherry: , the design show that has been cracking us up. It gives you a great taste of the humor that’s been making it a fun watch, and the room reveals are great too.
- John: , the book I’ve been revisiting lately. It’s really fun and beautifully designed, so it’s entertaining to just flip through or really dig into the data. And this is they recently released if you’re inspired to start a project of your own.
Episode #117: The Downside To Decorating One Room At A Time
- Sherry: The we got for our bonus room (we’re considering it Sherry’s early Christmas present due to her newfound love of walking). She still much prefers her walks outside, but when it’s too cold or rainy she hops on here and turns on Housewives.
- John: The in “moss” from Target that I’m wearing in the photo below. They have detailing that’s kind of like jeans (think rivets on the pockets), but I also got in dark gray that feel a bit more like dress pants.
Episode #116: How To Get More Style At Home With Less Stuff
- Sherry: These fall-adjacent nail polish colors that are helping to “soften the blow of the season” for Sherry (without the doodly tootlies):
- John: Typography artist Becca Clason () on Instagram. In the photos below she’s working with black beans, pennies, spices, and grains. Can you even imagine having that much patience???
Episode #115: The Trouble With Master Bedrooms
- Sherry: This she mentioned, which she mixes with . It’s 100% natural clay (with no additives or fragrances) and it’s apparently the “world’s most powerful facial.”
- John: Fall! Since Sherry declared her dislike of this season in , one of us had to defend it!
Episode #114: Did We Almost Just Buy Another House?!
- Sherry: You probably don’t need to be told how to see the movie or how to read the nationally bestselling book trilogy (, , and ), but we wanted to shout out the author – and all around super nice person – Kevin Kwan, who we were table-mates with during the Cincinnati stop of our 2015 book tour (more photos here).
- John: They discontinued my old trimmer (which I use here in Richmond) we ended up with in Cape Charles. And below you can see the two new features I really appreciate. The foot pedal for switching from trimming to edging mode is so much faster than twisting the pole with your hand.
Episode #113: What You Don’t See In Photos Of Our Living Room
- Sherry: This that Sherry bought (it’s currently sold out, but is extremely similar and also highly rated). And here’s an . To see Sherry’s jade face roller in action (and John’s response video at the end) check out this video on or in .
- John: Our new favorite game to play with the kids: (and yes, we’re using coasters to stack our dice). Our favorite variation is some combination of Tenzi Tower (where you have to stack your dice as you go) and Stealzi (where you can swipe your opponents’ dice).We also bought this that suggests dozens of other variations. They also sell a with 6 sets of dice.
Episode #112: One Week Of Living “Furniture Free”
- Sherry: that we ordered to make the uneven holes on the duplex front doors look normal. We got them in
- John: The We burned through Season 1 (pun! ha!) about Nixon’s resignation last month and the second season about Clinton’s impeachment is currently underway. It has been such a fascinating way to better understand these moments in American history.
Episode #111: Can Minimalism Be Cozy?
- Sherry: The three bras that Sherry has bought over the last two years and can’t stop talking about – a , a , and a . They each come in different colors, but Sherry (unsurprisingly) chose the blackest/darkest option for each one.
- John: A Daily Beast article I was so fascinated by: It’s no surprise that it’s been optioned already and will become a !
Episode #110: And Then The Bathroom Started Flooding
- Sherry: The that I surprised Sherry with along with (just make sure to get the rose gold colored Fitbit, otherwise it won’t be the same color).
- John: Netflix’s , which features Genevieve Gorder and real estate expert Peter Lorimer overhauling vacation rentals (like the Seattle houseboat shown below). The makeovers are awesome and the travel twist is fascinating. And also check out (you can find it on-demand) if you’re someone who needs a fun lighthearted crafting competition in your life.
Episode #109: Just When You Thought The Diamond Door Saga Was Over
- Sherry: The pad that stops your phone and other things from falling in the crack next to your car seat. The package comes with two of them and they blend super well with our black seats. Best $20 we’ve spent in a while!
- John: The phone holder that I got suckered into buying through Instagram. Here’s that’s HALF the price and comes with TWICE the number of mounts. It’s well reviewed too, so if I could go back in time, I’d grab this one.
Episode #108: Science Says These Rooms Are A Waste Of Space
- Sherry: that everyone keeps asking about (hers has a 16? chain, a .10 stone, and it’s white gold). You can see her wearing it a few photos below for Episode #105
- John: chapter book for grade school reader because it has great tips for young story writers. It’s from the Story Pirates podcast, which I dug it back in Episode #98, so the story is based on one written by a kid!
Episode #107: Are We All Getting Sick Of Watching Big Renovations?
- Sherry: on Netflix, a hilarious baking show that will crack you up and make you feel better about your own baking shortcomings.
- John: by Peter Swanson, the same guy behind another fave: . I was captivated by it, and it does weave in a little bit of real estate (there’s kind of a situation that kicks off the mystery)
Episode #106: What’s It Really Like To Downsize?
- Sherry: Blogs! Specifically taking the time to click through to a blogger’s site when you see an article you’re interested in (instead of just reading through your feed reader or glancing at the caption on Instagram).
- John: The search tool in the Amazon app (seen above). it’s not a flawless system, but if you’re totally clueless about what type or size of screw or nail you’re looking at – it’s kind of a fun way to figure it out!
Episode #105: Sherry Vs. The Bathtub, Duplex Edition
- Sherry: that Sherry discovered thanks to that helpful Target employee. It’s if that’s more your speed (the color she buys is “black” – surprise!). Sherry’s wearing it – and her Invisaglin – in our selfie above.
- John: The that I got for Father’s Day that we’ve been using the heck out of this summer. My favorite is when we all steal away to the beach around sunset and get to take wonderfully clichéd pictures like the one above. I also strongly recommend grabbing . It’s a LIFESAVER. I
Episode #104: This Is How You’re Annoying Your Contractor
- Sherry: like the ones we swapped in at the beach house dining room to creates much better visual flow across the table. Above is a round-up of others we love (our is #1) / / / / /
- John: The true-crime book . I forgot to mention in the episode that it’s actually very similar to the Southern Nightmare podcast we suggested back in Episode #100.
Episode #103: Regrets From Our Beach House Reno
- Sherry: Photo prints from , which has tons of beautiful travel photos for sale (an 8 x 10? print is only $30!). There are over 400 listings in her shop, so here are the ones that caught Sherry’s eye the most: / (this is the one we bought for our living room) / / / / / / /
- John: The nerdy, fun podcast . Personal favorite episodes are: , , and .
Episode #102: Are Islands Ruining America’s Kitchens?
- Sherry: The that we bought to bring to the beach, since it folds up to be such a compact size and doesn’t take much effort to inflate (only 10 blows according to Sherry). I feel like the graphic from their website abovce does a much better job of illustrating how it collapses.
- John: The we used to figure out the paint color for the duplex shutters. They’re only about $1 per decal and it was such a smarter system than physically painting the samples onto the wall!
Episode #101: Should We Paint Our Brick House White?
- Sherry: These filling and energizing that Sherry has been downing around 3pm every day:
- John: The we bought for our back patio (they’re called Fiet Electric 48ft Indoor/Outdoor String Lights – there seem to be multiple listings, so you may need search that again if this particular listing goes out of stock).
*This page contains affiliate links*