Heard something in the “We’re Digging” segment of our podcast… but can’t quite remember which episode it was? Well, you’re not alone (heck, we can’t even keep all of the episodes straight) so to make it easier we’ve rounded them all up in one big master list for ya. Just scroll on down until you find it, plus you can click on any episode title to listen or view the full show notes. Happy Digging!
Episode #64: You’ll Never Believe What We Did… Again
- Sherry: Decorative shelf bracket, like those shown below, as an easy way to add function to a wall (especially when you don’t want to just hang another fame): / / / / / / / / / /
- John: The that we use to remedy our old not-capable-of-holding-water tub drains.
Episode #63: Let’s Talk About Money & How To Spend It Smarter
- Sherry: Mermaid Fabric, like , , and , which we spotted in the wild as some abstract art meets keep-kids-hand-busy display at a jewelry store in Cape Charles (shown above). Such a smart craft idea for a kids room!
- John: that we use for traveling. We love its compact size, the included air pump, and the fact that it hasn’t ripped or leaked in almost 4 years of use.
Episode #62: What The New Owners Changed In Our Old Houses
- Sherry: , her new favorite coconut drink for a boost of natural caffeine
- John: , an amazing non-fiction book about a long line of arsons on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, just north of our beach house a few years ago. It’s like true-crime, plus weird romance, plus social commentary all wrapped up into one well written tale.
Episode #61: How to Conquer Paper Clutter (Once And For All!)
- Sherry: The 3M Command “velcro strips” that we use to keep our gallery walls straight come in lots of sizes (see below). We like , and often cut some of vertically to fit behind our frames so we get two for the price of one.
- John: , which is the perfect date night movie (). It’s probably leaving theaters soon, so hurry!
Episode #60: Game-Changing Organization Tips From The Pros
- Sherry: The and catalogs, which are so packed with inspiration they’re practically free design books
- John: For those disappointed that our novelty sock venture wasn’t real, to fulfill all of your sock-of-the-month needs. It’s mom approved!
- Sherry: that’s hosted by two comedians, including Casey Wilson of SNL and Happy Endings.
- John: The we bought right before heading to the beach house to help us tile after hours without electricity. The USB charger to keep our phones alive was the MVP.
Episode #58: Why We Stopped Sharing Our Kids On The Internet
- This was a “Special Episode” so no We’re Digging this week!
Episode #57: The Home Design Choices That Drive Us Crazy
- Sherry: Liane Moriarty’s books, like (which they recently made into that HBO series). Sherry’s favorites are actually and , and she’s got and on her to-read-next list.
- John: , which is like spell-check but for grammar and comes a free extension/plugin for yoru brwoser OR just copy and paste your text into their website.
Episode #56: The Big Mistake We Made Selling Our House By Owner
- Sherry: Havaiana’s and which look more like sandals but they feel like flip flops.
- John: that we got to finally wrangle our garden hose in the backyard (and we repurposed the old hose pot as an actual pot for a fern)!
Episode #55: What’s Feng Shui? And Are We Screwing It Up?
- Sherry: Black one piece bathing suits that she tried on during her hunt. and are the ones she ended up keeping, and she shared a few notes for other small-headed short gals in the graphic above. / / / / / /
- John: This that I’m sporting these days. I got it in navy (it doesn’t look as “distressed” as it does in the sales pic) but will probably go snag either the or too.
Episode #54: What We’d Change About Our $4000 Backyard Wedding
- Sherry: Four couches that Sherry is imagining in our living room (not necessarily in these colors): 1 –, 2 –, 3 –, 4 –
- John: A new backpack to upgrade our worn Jansport. Here are some of the bags we’ve got our eyes on: the Rickshaw bags (, ) are a little pricier, but may feel more polished than the billboard vinyl versions from Rareform (, ).
Episode #53: The Curveball That Blew Our Beach House Timeline
- Sherry: Above are some of the Ikea products that we’re happy to see on Amazon (heads up: prices are sometimes higher than what you’d find in Ikea stores, so this is really best used when it’s not easy to get to an Ikea in person): / / / / / / / / / / / / * / /
- *Meatball sauce not to scale (ok, neither is anything else) UPDATE: We learned after this podcast went live that Ikea released a statement saying these are 3rd party sellers, and not Ikea (despite being listed as “sold by: Ikea” on Amazon). Bummerssss. They did say they’re exploring the idea of selling on Amazon in the future though, so here’s hoping!
- John: My Father’s Day present of having two neighborhood kids spread my mulch for me so I didn’t have to!
Episode #52: Six Phone Calls That Saved Us $1500
- Sherry: Watching YouTube videos with the kids on the big TV, namely kid-friendly and still grown-up-worthy stuff like (fav: the video), (fav: ), (fav: ), and Rosanna Pansino’s (fav: )
- John: The (below) we bought that lives permanently (well, at least for the summer) in our backyard. It easily fits two adults… but does not come with any defense system against little brothers wielding big inflatable balls. Also, that a friend gave us and we’re excited to add to the mix.
Episode #51: Why We Want To Tear The Deck Off Our House
- Sherry: Tsh Oxenreider’s , which has given us the travel bug. You can also follow her on her blog, , and her podcast, .
- John: Wet saws, my love of which has been rekindled thanks to my aunt’s backsplash project, so below are some links to mine and a few others you might want to consider if you’ve got a tile project (or ten) in your future.
- – This is ours, and we love the sliding cutting tray, stand, and laser sight.
- – This is similar to the starter saw we used for years. It’ll get the job done, but the low price makes it pretty basic in terms of features.
- , – This portable saw is smaller and would work great for larger tiles, but requires a steadier hand.
- – The higher price on this puppy gets you features like a larger blade, a collapsible stand, a bigger work surface, and a spray guard.
Episode #50: Behind The Scenes – Regrets, Bloopers, & Beyonce
- Sherry: because it matches the smell of our so lighting it kinda makes us feel like we cleaned the kitchen.
- John: because it has kept our kids busy for hours lately, and has proved less messy than other kinetic sands we’ve had in the past
Episode #49: The Problem With Following Decorating Trends
- Sherry: While her five year old “weekender” bag is no longer sold, but below are six similar options that would do the same job for quick trips: / / / / /
- John: Stuffing similar in your suitcase for a no-brainer way to sort dirty clothes on a trick. And if you’re looking for a set with smaller washer-ready bags, this could do the trick.
Episode #48: The Not-So-Peachy Part Of Our Beach House Renovation
- Sherry: Outdoor swings and such to encourage our kiddos to get more fresh air this summer – including some of those shown above: / / / / / / / /
- John: Instagram accounts with videos, like our neighbor’s fast-growing and some more listed below
Episode #47: How Do You Know If It’s Your “Forever House”?
- Sherry: “Pretty” toilet paper holders for your bathroom, like those shown below: / / / / / /
- John: on Netflix, a British design show that shows renovations on a scale unlike what we’re used to on most American TV.
Episode #46: The New Home Habit That’s Saving Us Nearly $1,000!
- Sherry: Here are that Sherry’s fashionably sporting around the house every chance she gets (does she look excited, or what?).
- John: Tabletop fans, like (it’s made by Hunter so it’s got great power and we have had it for 3+ years) and (it also comes in other colors).
Episode #45: Why We Got Rid Of Half The Toys In Our House
- Sherry: The , the podcast about how big business got their start, you can find episodes (like the Kendra Scott one Sherry loved) on their website or wherever you listen to our podcast.
- John: Fun / helpful beach equipment like an inflatable lounger (we spotted the in person, but there are less expensive options too, like the and the ) Update: only use these on sand/land and not in water (we’ve since heard about multiple issues with people being sucked under water if they break/pop/deflate). We loved the rolling at our Spring Break rental, and is pretty cool too. We’re also marveling over that doesn’t hold sand.
Episode #44: Are Open Floor Plans Over?
- Sherry: Window curtains that are 96″ (or longer!) which work great, even for standard height 8? ceilings like ours. See some favorites below: / / / / / / / /
- John: The book which tells the stories of everyday people who catch the ire of the Internet mob.
Episode #43: A Surprise Birthday Adventure & Yay, Color!
- Sherry: (which isn’t like the old push-ups you’re used to). Now that she’s a convert, she says she’s eying .
- John: on Facebook, which features weird/cool products like (the humane spider picker-upper), the (the magical paint frisbee), and the (the machine that seems to do the same job as a cup of ice).
Episode #42: How We Budget For Big Projects Without…
- Sherry: Oversized table lamps that make a big statement in a room (like those below, which are all at least 2 feet tall): / / / / / / / / / / / /
- John: The that encouraging people to help others get started with podcasts (you can even send ’em to our Getting Started With Podcasts guide). And more specifically, the we’re excited to check out as well as – the nerdy but compelling look at all things economic in the world.
Episode #41: The Realities (And Not So Realities) Of Those TV…
- Sherry: Our . Just put it on everything and life will be awesome.
- John: The box that we’ve been using to stream some of our TV (namely Netflix and PBS Kids at this point) as we try to cut the cable cord.
Episode #40: Going On Vacation For “Research”
- Sherry: Our new favorite book, , for anyone who likes books like or . Bonus points for this one because it involves a renovation.
- John: Concave foam rollers ( or ) that hugs the curved furniture leg better than a traditional foam roller.
Episode #39: How To Make House Cleaning Suck A Little Less
- Sherry: Her (33% off right now) that go with her (which were in the wash for this pic, hence the baggy knees in this pic). Also, .
- John: (and ), which we found in these 3-packs at Bed Bath & Beyond, but you can also .
Episode #38: How The Internet Changed & How Our Lives…
- Special episode… hence no We’re Digging
Episode #37: To Brass… Or Not To Brass
- Sherry: , which Sherry has been obsessed with for years (we just ordered two sets of them to replace our old ones, which Sherry originally read about in Real Simple magazine back in 2014). You can spy one on Sherry’s nightstand – it’s the gray, linen bag behind her book.
- John: , an Indiegogo campaign that seeks to create a removable paint swatch decals created with real manufacturer paint, for accurate color testing without all the wasted paint.
Episode #36: A BIG Beach House Update & Reflecting On Rejection
- Sherry: Sugru, a moldable rubber, that we got in (also comes in or ) which we used to repair fraying charging cords.
- John: The that we bought and installed for our kids’ bathroom. So simple, and we love that it automatically turns on and off.
Episodes #35: When Someone You Love Gives You Something…
- Sherry: Fruit bowls, like the ones shown below, as an overlooked kitchen accessory that can breathe new life into your countertop zone: / / / / / / /
- John: that is a nice combo of art and engineering for kids looking for a break from the standard coloring or activity book.
Episode #34: And Just Like That, The Beach House Threw...
- Sherry: Some books that encourage you to take-a-deep-breath : &
- John: , a Netflix zombie show that’s not really about zombies at all (and a perfect, 6-episode binge watch!)
Episode #33: In Pursuit Of Buying Less & Doing More
- Sherry: Wood stain pens for touch-ups in floors and furniture. Our favorites are the and , but they come in too.
- John: , specifically for their experience-based discounts that are great for getting excursion or outing ideas, even if you don’t buy the discount
Episode #32: The Stuff In Our House We Don’t Show You
- Sherry: on Instagram if you want to fill your feed with more organized-within-an-inch-of-its-life eye candy.
- John: In a twist of format, John wasn’t digging the Roomba we once owned (a 595 series – but now the entry level is the ).
Episode #31: We Picked A Beach House Color (In The Weirdest Way)
- Sherry: Not-cheap-but-DIY-friendly Butter London nail polish in colors like , , , , , and
- John: Wooden, laser-cut pet ID tags from : / / / / /
Episode #30: How Minimalism Almost Grinched Our Christmas
- Sherry: Mermaid pillows like those shown below (many of which are available in alternate colorways) : / / / / / / /
- John: for you holiday windows, complete with an auto on/off timer, and a brighter side that faces the street.
Episode #29: An Unexpected Con To Calling In A Pro
- Sherry: Her favorite home books (especially for gifting): by Anna Spiro / by Jonathan Adler / by Emily Henderson / / / and (figured we’d toss ours in for good measure ;)
- John: The podcast for plenty of adults-relishing-their-younger-weirdness hilarity
Episode #28: Why Can’t We Pick A Dang Paint Color
- Sherry: Sherry’s (no hemming required – even for short girls!), and John’s .
- John: Small compartment organizers for storing nails, screws, washers, anchors, picture hangers, wire caps, etc. / / / / /
Episode #27: Finding Focus When You Just Wanna Renovate…
- Sherry: Stocking stuffers for the decor enthusiast: , , , , , , (even faux!), , and .
- John: Stocking stuffers for the DIYer: , , , , (or ), or , , , and a !
Episode #26: Are You Sitting Down? We’ve Got Big News!
- Sherry: Handmade custom address stampers found on Etsy (shown below)
- John: The hilarious & unlikely pair that is Martha & Snoop and their new show on VH1 called Martha & Snoop’s Pot Luck Dinner (Ep 2 is especially great).
/ / / / / / /
Episode #25: Let’s All Stop Freaking Out About Holiday Decorating
- Sherry: Faucets with a pull-down sprayer, like the one we got for our new kitchen and others show below: / / / /
- John: Voice-controlled smart home hubs like and , which we don’t own but are admiring.
Episode #24: Renovating A Kitchen In Under A Weeek…
- Sherry: Different personalized Christmas ornaments for the kids, given each year (some of her favorites are below): / / / / / / / / / /
- John: Books with aerial beach photography (to read & frame), like: by Christian Chaize, by Gray Malin, by Benjamin Grant
Episode #23: Mo House, Mo Problems?
- Sherry: , a custom page-a-day calendar with 365 of your own photos
- John: a podcast about the Internet, specifically episodes and
Episode #22: Project Paralysis Is A Real Thing…
- Sherry: Cake stands for more than just cake! (Some of our favorites are below) / / / / / /
- John: , the wi-fi smartphone operated irrigation system that we installed in our yard
Episode #21: How The Heck Do We DIY With Kids Around?
- Sherry: Ironic cross-stitch from sites like Etsy (our one from , patterns from , and custom portraits from )
- John: The season 7 premiere of The Walking Dead
Episode #20: White Walls? Overrated? Overdone? Or…
- Sherry: by Dan Harris, a hilarious and relatable book about reducing stress
- John: Using list programs & Amazon to keep better track of our magazine subscription renewals
Episode #19: Why We Didn’t DIY Our Entire Kitchen…
- Sherry: Gold metal frames from Target that we can’t stop buying (, and )
- John: Tool bags (like and ) for easily transporting tools & not taking up too much space
Episode #18: Grace Bonney Talks Design, Blogs, And…
- Sherry: from World Market, which we have in two colors in our kitchen
- John: The app for reducing junk mail subscriptions (download here for & )
Episode #17: Our Latest (And Largest Ever!) Home Renovation
- Sherry: Our that turn off our bedside lamps with a tap (& to retrofit yours)
- John: Drinking water for the entire month of October, in celebration of my invented holiday: Aquatober
Episode #16: Squashing DIY Fears With Ana White
- Sherry: Shower curtains, a cozier alternative to the glass door trend (some of our favorites are below): / / / /
- John: , where you can download free graphic wallpapers for your computer or phone
Episode #15: How Fancy Is Too Fancy For A College Dorm?
- Sherry: Legit bookends – unlike the rice-filled vase that failed us spectacularly (some of our favorites are below): | | | |
- John: Mary Roach’s equally funny + nerdy science books like: , , , and
Episode #14: What Quitting Our Blog Taught Us
- Special episode… hence no We’re Digging
Episode #13: Houses Are Overwhelming, So Where Do I Start?
- Sherry: (we get them in Pigeon Gray) and they’re the perfect shoes for summer
- John: The for a Chrome web browser that auto hunts for discounts during web checkout
Episode #12: Five Rug Rules & Flipping Out With Bravo’s…
- Sherry: The movie , which is now available on Amazon
- John: Saws on collapsible stands, like or owned by two of our friends
Episode #11: When Design Styles Collide At Home
- Sherry: Gratitude journals, both the act of keeping one + the journals themselves (some faves below): / / / / /
- John: that keep your duvet insert from slipping around in your cover
Episode #10: Our New Shed Might Be Trying To Kill Us
- Sherry: , which doubles as a great hair conditioner (amongst other things)
- John: podcast, which is an hour of “nerdy games” involving pop culture, trivia, and music
Episode #9: Genevieve Gorder Solves Decorating Dilemmas…
- Sherry: “B.A.P’s” (aka: Big Ass Plants), like a Hope Philodendron, which are easier than Fiddle Leaf Figs. We’ve since written a post on the topic with even more info.
- John: for small messes and easy clean-up when you don’t want to break out the big vac
Episode #8: 3 Pro Bloggers Get Real About Sponsored Posts
- Special episode… hence no We’re Digging
Episode #7: What Your Home Should Look Like When You’re 30
- Sherry: Inlay design features, like these dressers like ours: or a . Also the , as well as some more affordable mirror options:
- An (currently on sale for $199!)
- John: – not just for painting projects, but as a general supply to use for lots of DIY
Episode #6: Oh Nothing, Just Talking To Tiffani Thiessen
- Sherry: Solo-trips to Target, where you can take advantage of being kid-free and sniff all of the candles (like this and ) and finally remember to pick up random things, like some .
- John: The bulb for our garage to help make it brighter. They also sell if you need that.
Episode #5: The Rug Mistake We Made For Years
- Sherry: Turkish Towels (the ones we have are no longer available, but here are & some ).
- John: The and (and the ) that have made painting go faster
Episode #4: Decorating Do’s & Don’ts From Designer…
- Sherry: , the service Sherry has loved, not loved, & loved again to diversify her black on black wardrobe.
- John: A that we purchased for $35 cheaper than a new one – just don’t forget to get a if you don’t already have one.
Episode #3: Why Decluttering Makes Your Head Hurt
- Sherry: Non-white planters, like the ones we’ve found at HomeGoods – as well as &
- John: Non-white picture frames, like the birch and silver frames we mixed into our living room gallery wall & the dark frames in our master bedroom.
Episode #2: Design TV Secrets With HGTV’s Sabrina Soto
- Sherry: Big affordable ferns to add easy greenery to our back deck
- John: The podcast, which takes a look at “boring” subjects to uncover their hidden awesomeness. Episodes #12 Mattresses, #9 Pigeons, and #7 Adhesives are some good ones.
Episode #1: What Rich People Have In Their Houses
- Sherry: L-shaped toilet paper holders like , , and
- John: Photographer , as well as his #candyminimal
*This page contains affiliate links*